The CBC Diversity Committee is at work developing many wonderful plans and ideas, but we need your help. We encourage all to become CBC Diversity Partners— publishing professionals, teachers, librarians, and anyone with a love of children’s books.
The following are concrete action steps that CBC Diversity Partners can take:
- Show your support by adding our Twibbon to your social networking profiles and our badge (found below) to your website or blog.
- Attend diversity-related events.
- Share new approaches to promoting and selling diverse books.
- Seek out diverse books.
- Initiate conversations about supporting diverse books.
- Expose the children in your life to diverse books.
- Take advantage of the CBC’s many resources. Visit our Tumblr and share your questions, comments, and insight with the community.
Publishing Staffers: Get started by committing to one of the following:
- Participate in a diversity panel.
- Visit a high school or college job fair.
- Take part in an interview or write a guest blog post.
A Twibbon is like a bumper sticker for your Twitter profile. Show your support and help promote the initiative by uploading the CBC Diversity Twibbon. The Twibbon will send out a one-time Tweet, letting everyone know of your new affiliation.
Choose from two different Partner badges to place on your website or blog, with a link to cbcdiversity.com